Microsoft Office 365
What is Office 365?
A subscription service providing the Microsoft Office Apps. This includes standard apps you are used to, plus other features like Skype for Business, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, One Drive, and more…
What are some Pros and Cons to Office 365?
- No upfront costs as you simply rent the licenses.
- Office 365 is licensed per user, not per device. Each user can download apps onto 5 different devices (laptop, desktop, tablet, home PC, etc.) for the same monthly cost.
- Access to numerous applications within one cloud-based product.
- Access the latest versions of Office applications.
- Quickly add, remove, and reassign user licenses.
- Access Office 365 applications anytime, anywhere, from any device.
- The licenses are not owned.
- To continue using the software you must renew your agreement.
Other options for licensing Microsoft Office:
Microsoft Office 2016 License-Pack:
A single-use license that provides apps to a single computer. This is the cheapest way to license a single PC with Microsoft Office apps. When the PC reaches the end of it’s life, you are not able to move the Office license to a new PC.
Microsoft Office 2016 Open License:
A license to install Microsoft Office apps on a single PC or server. This license is able to be moved from an old PC onto a new PC.
How do I choose the right option?
There are many options when it comes to Microsoft Office product. If you have any questions about which product is right for you, give JMK a call. We understand that every business has different needs, and we can help evaluate your business and make recommendations for the best product to fit your needs.